Admission PolicyAdmission Requirements
Enrollees are admitted as regular students once one of the following criteria has been met.
A) Applicant must provide a copy of his/her High School Diploma, GED or its equivalent, and pass an admissions test, SLE test (Scholastic Level Exam) Form IV. Diamond Beauty College will verify the authenticity of the diploma prior to enrollment. If the diploma cannot be verified, the student may be asked to provide a final high school transcript showing the dates of entrance and graduation and courses completed. If transcript is not available, the student will be required to meet the Ability-to-Benefit (ATB) requirements or take and pass GED test prior to enrollment.
B) Students lacking the High School Diploma or its equivalent, must be at least 18 years old (Compulsory school attendance in California), must have completed the 10thgrade education level or its equivalent as required by the Board of Barbering & Cosmetology and pass an Ability-to-Benefit (ATB) exam prior to admission. Students admitted under these criteria, will be required to pass one of the Ability-to-Benefit tests approved by the US Department of Education administered by an independent proctor. Students subject to these criteria are referred to as students admitted under the Ability-to-Benefit criteria guidelines. Currently, our school is using the CELSA Ability-to-Benefit. The school’s admissions personnel will provide applicants with additional information as to how to arrange for the Ability-to-Benefit test. All Ability-to-Benefit students must take and pass the test prior to admissions. The approved passing scores on this test are as follows: CELSA Form 1 (97) and CELSA Form 2 (97). If you do not pass the exam, re-testing is available after one week waiting period and the independent proctor will explain and provide you with the re-testing procedures.
*If you enroll by passing an ATB test,you may be eligible to receive Federal Student Aid only if you 1) passed the ATB test before July 1, 2012,2)were attending a FSA eligible institution and 3) were eligible to receive Federal Student Aid at an eligible institution before July 1, 2012.
C)Student must show English language proficiency. A passing score on either the SLE admissions test or the CELSA Ability-to-Benefit test will be acceptable in showing English language proficiency
Applicants are advised to call the College for an appointment to discuss admission requirements and procedures. Each applicant will be interviewed individually, so that the College may better understand the career goals of the applicant, and the applicant can better understand the programs of the College.
As part of the admissions procedures, all applicants are required to:
- Complete an application for admission;
- Take and pass the SLE test (Scholastic Level Exam) Form IV which is designed to measure the applicant’s aptitude to successfully complete the educational program for which the applicant has applied. Specific testing requirements are detailed in the Ability-to-Benefit policy sections of this catalog; Student must show English language proficiency. A passing score on either the SLE test (Scholastic Level Exam) Form IV or the CELSA Ability-to-Benefit test will be acceptable in showing English language proficiency.
- Have an interview with a representative of the Admissions Department;
- Have an interview with a Financial Aid Department Representative prior to completing the enrollment process to discuss payment plans;
- Submit high school diploma or GED certificate if applicable
- Complete all necessary paperwork for admission;
- Receive a catalog;
- Take a tour of the facility.
Upon completion of the admission procedures, the student will be notified of the College’s decision regarding admission.